All you need to know about my Nikah day

not forgetting Me and my goofy faces!!!




Well. This is long overdue. I’m so sorry for disappearing for quite some time. I’m busy doing nothing actually it's just that TM is taking their sweet time to relocate my Unifi account. So, no internet=invisible me.

anyway, a few of my friends in FB had been asking about my baju nikah, is it for rent, where did i sent for tailoring and stuff so i think this would be the best time to reveal them.

I decided to rent out my nikah outfit only to girls my size. Which i think is rare, as most bride wants to be skinny and such, there's nothing left for beautiful full-figured ladies like myself. So here’s hope. Haha.

Remember how angry I was when one of the saksi kept asking ikmal lafaz again and again sampai the audience pon naik angin? Since my video is still processing, mind you its full HD hence taking some time, here’s the pictures snap by lil sis Dini during akad.





Do notice my mengumpat face and my father bengang face. Poor ikmal, he did nothing wrong. Everybody bengang dengan saksi tu. I think it was the third time baru dia satisfied and we are legally husband and wife. It end with a huge clap from everybody… and some even boo the saksi. Imagine!

Owh and The nikah ceremony held at my house in Alor Gajah, Melaka.

So… First up!



CATERER

There’s no caterer for Nikah. Since we all decided that we want a SIMPLE yet TASTEFUL ceremony, foods served was cooked by my mom’s kitchen staffs who usually cook for Raya, haha… which is Abg Kamal and Makcik Sal. They were well trained by my mother to cook our favourite dish Masak Lemak Cili Api Daging Rusa Salai, my late grandmother Special Ayam Serai (you can only find this dish in this household) and the rest of lauk IDK sbb I didn’t eat lepas nikah. Huahahaha…

Wokay. Next,




PELAMIN



Well, it’s a mini pelamin made 80% by my sister the exquisite and most adorable Amiza Nur and her helper, Fazlan and Afie. It was really REALLY damn simple yet nice and easy to digest although I hate the flowers, well… I am the kind of bride who hates the typical pelamin with flowers all over, but these flowers needed to be on stage or it will look dreary. So I had to make an exception on that.

Next is…




HANTARAN



Sorry to disappoint, again it’s my beloved sister Amiza Nur and her helpers who did the hantaran arrangement. Again strictly no flowers ;) so, she’s kinda creative you know as the typical hantaran would be flowers, flowers, and more flowers, she manage to outdo those usual hantaran and gave me ribbons and beads! Me likey!!

I’m so proud of u baby sister! Owh the dulang is rented from Ms Ayan. Ayan is a friend of my brother who also helped us a lot. Thanks Ayan!!

And next up is urrmmm

Oh yeah




KATIL PENGANTIN



Okay, this katil is very, very special. It was bought by my late grandmother when I was about sixteen or seventeen years old. I think she knows that my ambition is to get hitched at a very early age so she bought the bed especially for my wedding day ;)

The original colour is black and gold and it’s a bit rusty as it has been about 10 years, so my baby sister Amiza painted it white. The bed sheets pulak from Maldives, or is it Sri Lanka I couldn’t recall, bought by my mother during her trip to Sri Lanka and Maldives. Owh and that piece of cloth that looks like a table runner covering the top of the bed is also from Maldives.

The rest is the usual either from IKEA or Nilai.

Hokey Pokey. We then move on to my most favourite thing in the world.




SHOE



Yeah!!! A girl can never have too many shoes! Right? I see moose nodding her head… HAHA. Okay, so the shoe is from Hush Puppies. I bought them during one of their superb warehouse sale, sangat cheap! And most importantly comfort! Will definitely anticipate more of those warehouse sales in the future!!!

Okay, next.




HAND BOUQUET

It was made by my mom’s friend Gabriet Florist at Jalan Mata Kuching. She’s been doing flower arrangement for my mother since forever. So we decided to just let her do the hand bouquet and she also let us borrow the flowers for the pelamin, the one I mentioned earlier.




ACCESSORIES

I do not intend to wear any accessories at first except my Rolex, but my lovely Aunty Ritta Ramli insisted. She even brought her personal jewellery set which I think real and super expensive for me to wear. Lucky me, I didn’t get the chance to pierce so she only manage to ask me to wear the necklace. Teehee…

I think that’s about it… owh and lastly…



NIKAH OUTFIT



When I say I want something simple, I want something simple. So here it is… to me the most simple nikah outfit I can think of. Not to mention cheap some more… it’s about RM3xx… cheap aye? That’s including bustier, shawl, material, tailoring and beadworks.

It was done by Pak Deden from Jakarta. If you guys need his number, let me know ;)

Alritey… that’s all I think… let me know if you guys need to know anything else about my nikah day.



p/s: the price for rent of baju nikah is about the same as the cost price ;)

This entry was posted in ,,. Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to All you need to know about my Nikah day

  1. K.I.N.A says:

    i love the dress & bilik pengantin yang sgt lovely!

    saksi tu sje2 la tu..ish3..

  2. LisaLisut says:

    ya allah zara best gile!!!! dah la murah gile u pye baju nikah.huwaaaaaaaaaa.besttttt. i tak dapek sewa baju u, sewa veil pun jadilah.hahahahhaha ;p

    adik u memang kreatif la dgn hantaran2 tu. i suke pelamin mini u.suka semuaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.i suka gmbr famly u.muka semua happpy!!!

    kesimpulan:i suka semuaaaaaaaaaaa hahaha

  3. si kecil says:

    simpe yet so beautiful!! suka.

  4. aim aris says:

    i love, love, love the sweetness of your bilik pengantin and your nikah outfit especially the detail on your shawl.

    p.s: love the shoes as well! i also got mine during the clearance sales. ;D

  5. zara!! u r back!! sape saksi tu? ur relatives ke?ish..saje la tu.btw suke ur nikah bcos simple and nampak sgt clean and pure and suci gitu.

  6. ZARA says:

    K.I.N.A,

    tu lah... gedik betul saksi tu. menyampah!


    LisaLisut,

    thank u!!!!!! i pon suka semua... lagi tengok balik lagi suka... hahaha... before wedding hari tu i asek risau my wedding will be OTT... tapi alhamdullillah... dapat jugak a simple wedding. hahaha


    si kecil,

    ikr?? im what u cal a simple gal!!


    Aim,

    huhuhuhu... sweet jugak lah surprisingly... fyi the walls are actually shocking pink and dead black. haha.

    and btw, clearance shoes are the best!! right? haha


    Jaja,

    Yeahhh... im back!!! hopefully for good!!! =D thanks jaja!!! yeah, he's a relative i think a cousin or a second cousin to my father. sigh. menyampah!

  7. ElyaElmo says:

    zara...so lovely!! cantik nyeeee..
    baju nikah sgt murah!after u bought the kain, u terus hantar dekat pak deden for tailoring?

  8. ZARA says:

    Elya,

    A'ah, and lupa nk mention, baju family pon sume Pak deden yg buat jugak. we went mayestik beli kain and straight hantar kat dia

  9. Moose says:

    zara, everything looked simple yet lovely! and i couldnt agree more on the shoes. haha. dont know if i should be flattered or not that you've thought about me on the shoes subject. haha. but yeah a girl can never have too many shoes but wait until you've moved in with your husband. apparently 2 4-tiered shoe rack are not enough! at least that what happened to me. tu pun some of my shoes are still left at my parents home. haish.

  10. ZARA says:

    Moose,

    i remember u being a shoe gal like myself. haha. i have moved in w my husband and everytime he comes home, he got no where to put his shoes, my shoes have conquered the shoe racks. some even still in boxes, never worn. haha. poor him.

  11. Rai says:

    Hi Zara.
    I suka ur hantarans n bilik pengantin. Simple n nice~
    Haha i pon tak berapa suka hantaran berbunga2.

  12. ZARA says:

    Rai,

    ikr, i pon... sbb tu hand bouquet pon asek tertinggal mana2 ntah sepanjang every event. ohh and thanks btw =D

  13. liza pun tgk..suka semuanya yer!!!!!
    tp yg paling xtahan katil....sgt swett..putih bersih...

    liza dh link...nice to meet u =)

  14. u should have put 'so like'button;)

  15. hi dear.. stumbled upon ur blog. interesting info! love your nikah dress.. very simple but beautiful.. do you mind sharing pak deden's number? I'm going to jakarta next week.. my email is :

    cheapskatebridezilla@gmail.com

  16. Blogger says:

    Are you monetizing your premium file uploads?
    Did you know that AdWorkMedia will pay you an average of $0.50 per link unlock?

  17. Blogger says:

    Did you know that you can make money by locking selected areas of your blog or site?
    All you need to do is join AdscendMedia and use their content locking plugin.